Wednesday, December 07, 2005

desk dilemmas - anyone want a rolltop?

Wow, it's been almost a month since I posted...I'll be surprised if anyone ever reads this, but maybe you'll have some suggestions.

I work from home, transcribing minutes from various city boards/commissions/councils. So I need a good workspace to feel motivated to work and not play. I had a great desk, with side return and a hutch. For some reason I was enamored with the idea of having a rolltop desk. So I bought one, and practically gave away my great desk. Discovered almost immediately that the rolltop was too small. Dealt with it for a while, finally asked my hubby if I could look for something more appropriate. Found another great desk, he bought it for me, brought it home, set it up - it's huge! And heavy! I guess I'll deal with it, but somehow it doesn't have the same amount of space as the rolltop and now I'm bogged down trying to fit everything in a workable way. Blah! Not what I wanted to deal with - especially considering I still have to sell the rolltop now.

I guess the moral is - be grateful for what you have. Back to work now.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Put all your small items in little boxes.

Try to keep cluttery things off the top.

Buy my rolltop.