Monday, September 12, 2005

Happy birthday

Happy birthday, Sarah, Grace, Joel, and Linda. Also Evan M. (wherever you are), Roy J., Sawyer H. and Juan G. Whew...what a lot of people born on the same day...must have something to do with the fact that the Christmas season is 9 months previous!

I am so grateful to have had a life with Sarah and Grace...the lessons I have learned as a mother have taught me much about being a child of God! I remember one day being so frustrated with my four that I went outside and sat on our swing by myself. I was thinking, "If only they'd listen to me and do things the way I tell them - life would be so much easier then." Suddenly I wondered, is that how God feels about my lack of obedience?" Hmmm.

Similar thoughts have occurred about delayed obedience (you know, when the response is, "in a minute..." and the minute never comes.)

I am grateful for Joel and his love for God, Sarah and my grandchildren. His faithfulness is much appreciated. And I appreciate Linda too, for without her there would be no Joel and thus no Emmy or Denali!

As for Evan M., I never knew him well, just knew of him (his father was the minister many years ago at the church in Long Beach, CA - Evan was born after we left there), but if he is anything like his parents, he must be a godly man indeed.

For Roy J., Sean G. and Sawyer H.- (father, son-in-law and grandson) it's nice to see another family get involved in "our" birthday.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks!
I googled Evan and couldn't find him. Sorry!

Love you.

Merryheart said...

Me too.

Chris said...

Wow alot of Birthdays.