Sunday, September 18, 2005

My stubborn will

I may finally have a diagnosis for the pain I've been experiencing. It comes coincidentally(?) right after I prayed and told God I would let Him handle it - I would be willing for whatever He wanted for my life, even if it was a life of pain and struggle. Hmm. I won't go into the details of the diagnosis or the exact pain, #1 because it's embarassing, and #2 because it's irrelevant. But it could've been determined months ago, and at first, that was my cry - why did it take six months if the answer is so simple? I was expressing this to a friend, who said, "Remember, M, you said all you wanted was to know what it was. Now you have that." I realized she was right. Not only that, and my earlier prayer of "relinquishment", but if the doctors had found this problem 6 months ago, I wouldn't have reached the stage of relinquishment, and they wouldn't have found two other medical problems that were discovered during all the testing (and that are relatively easy to correct). So there was a purpose to the timing.

Now I have to learn to surrender daily in terms of what I eat (and don't eat), in order to overcome the pain. (Yes, it is affected by what I eat.)

A message to those of you who are younger and think, "There's plenty of time later to eat right, exercise, etc. etc. " Later may come sooner than you think! Take care of the body God gave you now so it can take better care of you later. (That almost sounds memorable.)

'Til another day,

M

3 comments:

Sarah said...

hey mom. you might want to turn on letter identification so you won't get spam in your blog like these other comments are. you can also erase those comments. call me if you want help on that. also i updated my blog on the maid. see you later!

Chris said...

That is like the fact that you should never pray for patience. You will get something to be patient about.

Merryheart said...

I prayed for patience once...and then I married Ken...I'm still learning.