Friday, October 14, 2005

Choices

Well, I've now had two doctors tell me I need to lose weight. Actually, this second one I asked for, because I know he administers a weight-loss program. I figured it might be something like a liquid diet or something, but instead it consists of this for daily intake: 8 egg whites (or eggbeaters), 3 scoops of whey protein powder (mix with water or some other nonfat liquid), 6 servings of fruit, 10 servings of vegetables, and unlimited 0-calorie foods (ie artificial sweeteners, spices, etc.).

Here's my modified daily plan: 1-2 eggs, 3-4 servings of fruit, 6-8 servings of veggies (one can = 3.5 servings), 4-6 oz of chicken, and 1 cup rice/pasta/potatoes.

Here's what I've eaten today: 2 cereal bars, 1 banana, 1 c applesauce, 1 can green beans, 3 glasses of water, 10 hershey's kisses, 1 c milk, 1 odwalla bar. It's still 2 1/2 hours until dinner time, and I'm so hungry...

I also exercised for 15 minutes (Whoo-hoo) and will do some more.

The doc also gave me Fosamax samples and told me to take 4 per day, as well as Citracal (1 per day). But the samples are for 1-weekly Fosamax, which specifically say only 1 per week. That concerns me a bit. I know I should call him for clarification, but instead I'll search online first.

If I'm able to win this health battle, it will truly be a miracle!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow there is a big difference between 4 a day and 1 a week. Good luck with that.

Posted a pic of em.

Merryheart said...

Posted a pic of what where?

Sarah said...

i posted a picture of emlyn on my site

Sarah said...

sorry to be obtuse

Merryheart said...

I thought you meant posted a pic(ture) of (th)em.

Referencing our conversation earlier in the day about bugs...