Saturday, October 15, 2005

Progress

So, today is day 2...so far I've had 2 odwalla bars and a banana. Blood sugar is good...and I walked 40 minutes with my mother-in-law. And I think I've had 3 glasses of water. I called my friend Jennifer (also diabetic) yesterday when I was so hungry. I was concerned that my blood sugar might be too low. She said not necessarily, the hunger means my body is burning fat stores! Yeah, that's what I need. So I've decided I will embrace the hunger, knowing that it means I'm making progress.

(Odwalla bars are a good choice for a diet bar - high fiber and protein, low sugar and fat.)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yay diets!

Avery's mom said...

sounds like your doing excelent with the exercise...I really need to get out there and get myself back into shape too.
and the feeling of hunger is a pain to have but as long as your BldSugr is good, embrace the feeling and soon it wont be quite so bad. your stomach will shrink and it will take less for you to fill up. sounds like youre doing good on your diet....love the Fruit/veggies! It's hard to be disiplined but you can do all things through Christ' strength

Merryheart said...

All in all, today was a successful day, although somewhat boring, since my husband and daughter were working all day at the church in prep for a youth rally next weekend.

I kept my calories under 1500, carbs were 160 gm, fat was about 50 gms.

Much easier today.

Thanks for the support.

Sarah said...

great mom! that's awesome.